Kingdom of Broken Barriers
Please log in or create an account.
Please log in or create an account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Beginning of the End
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 10:50 am by Alexzander

» Jerrad Ferrin-Finished
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:10 am by Walpurgisnacht

» Alice-Finished
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 8:34 pm by Walpurgisnacht

» Lancelot, the Eclipsed Knight.
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 pm by Liam

» Kakashi Successor(WIP)
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:17 am by Dann432432

» Mason Windrake (Done)
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:25 pm by Alexzander

» Emil Reverie ~W I P~
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:37 pm by Liam

» Wilhelm Grimm [Done]
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 3:26 pm by Alexzander

» Akio Mori - A Standing Gentleman
The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 8:33 pm by Liam

Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) Empty
PostSubject: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:39 am

Markus' eye-lids slid open in an instant, flickering once or twice, before settling in a long stare at the blue sky above. Around his body, grass, large grass. Shrouding his body in their shadows were the looming black creatures named the Excul. What had he been doing, her did not know. His legs moved up, before lunging up, allowing him to perform a swift flip, landing firmly on his feet. The Excul remained still, as massive statues. He stared at them for a moment. Were they statues? His questions, however, would be answered when they, roughly two or three of them, simply turned and walked away, apparently uninterested in him or what he had done earlier.

Markus didn't much mind, simply waving his hand, not as a gesture saying "Goodbye," but more like one saying, "Fine then, go." He let out a sigh, suddenly leaping up onto a tree, looking around. What could he see? Excul, and lots of them. They seemed to gather here once or twice a week. Beyond the park lay the moderately ruined Northern Japan. "Shadow of it's former self, really," he said to himself, and maybe to the tree he was on, "Oh well, doesn't matter. They're just a couple of buildings." He sat on the branch, just staring out into the wide open.
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 9:12 am

What once was a city full of innovation, industrialization, and technology.. Was now rubble. The large and crowded buildings were now skeletons of their former selves, their support beams attempting to grasp toward the sky- a futile effort to capture what was once their glory.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I progressed aimlessly toward the center of the park. Excul were leaving, their dark forms slowly trudging through the darkness, as though they had no point to stay. Strangely, they ignored me. Normally as a shade, I would get some essence of recognition, a tilted head, a small look... Today, they just strode by, as though they didn't want to acknowledge me. For Someone's Glory might have had some effect on that, if they were a normal being... But, knowing the power of the Excul, I doubted this.

"Gods forbid they communicate with us Shades, give us some form of recognition or comfort that they won't eviscerate us in the middle of the night.."
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 10:22 am

His face tilted with a sudden jerk, his movement causing the branch he sat on to break, plummeting to the ground. He feel quickly, and the fall, as he had no defense up at the moment, knocked the air out of him. But it returned so enough. He placed his hands on the grassy floor, pushing up and finally getting himself in an upright position, facing the person, for it was hard to detect their gender under that Shadow seemed to make up their body, who had just spoke.

However, at their comment, his body returned to it's regular, tired and careless self, a small laughter escaping his lips, but being blurred out by the sudden wind. He looked at the person, ceasing to chuckle and spoke, "That is very true, mister, or misses, Shade."
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:20 am

Staring at the man, I raised an eyebrow. The urge to run, to return to my solitude, was almost too overwhelming. Calming myself, I let out a slow exhale.

"I guess it's their choice. Excul live in the dark, and wish for solitude... But, who are we to judge them for that? I myself wish for the same reward..."

Shaking my head, I turned my body to face the stranger, taking in the finite details of the man... In case I had to worry about a spar, or combat from the Shade.

I'd rather not have to...

A sliver of an idea made its way into my head, filling my minds eye before I smiled quietly under my helm.

"Regardless. I'm actually glad to have company today. My name... Is unimportant. You may call me Basaka. Yours, comrade Shade?"
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:46 am

Markus heard the person's voice more clearly, now that he was within a few meters away from him, and determined that he was a male. He seemed to want to run away from Markus, not out of fear, but just out of a need to be alone. That wasn't something Markus saw every day, yet, he didn't see much every day. He seemed rather sad, or upset, but Markus was knucklehead, and didn't pay much attention, simply keeping a smile on his face to cheer things up a notch.

However, his next comment intrigued him, something that not many people or things in general managed to do. Basaka? Now, where had he heard that before? It was familiar, very familiar, and his brain nearly exploded trying to remember.

He seemed to have mistaken him for a Shade, something which happened every once in a while, on the rare event he spoke to someone. This time, he would correct them. "A shade?" he replied, "No no no, you see, i'm a Chaser Dusk. Markus Loben is my name." He ended with an extended hand ready for a shake.
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Aha! I was right. Now, to drop the bait..

Staring down at his hand, I looked at mine. Manipulation... Something that I did not like, and refused to use due to my past, and my Successor's past. Shaking it out of my head, I attempted to fight off the dark thoughts that were plaguing my mind recently- thoughts of just razing everything in front of me. The impulse to be alone...

"A pleasure, Sir Loben. I thought there was something off with the title, but Dusks seem more calm to a mistake than Liberators or Shades. I did not mean to be rude, and apologize for such if I seemed to be. May I ask why you're currently in Japan?"

Shaking his hand, I knew how For Someone's Glory would make it to where my armor was unseen, but easily felt. The etiquette came back to me, I assumed it was more so from Lancelot than my own past- thus I straightened my back after the hand shake and bowed.

I pray he isn't as much of a heathen as his Comrades.
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 3:25 am

Markus felt a strong armor beneath the shadow as he shook the man's hand. His curiosity made him think about what may lurk underneath said armor. Maybe this person wasn't human? Well, he was definitely a successor, that was for sure. He may ask so later, but for now, a question had been directed towards him, to which he answered, "Well, they say travelling helps clear one's mind." He let out a laugh, as he knew not many people really said that, and he had simply thought it a good thing to say.

"Aside from that, I can't say I have much reason to be here, what about you?"
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:33 am

Ahh. Just as good as me.

Staring at Loben, I shook my head.

"Honestly? To get away. Excul, when not roused into fighting, are not bad companions. They are silent, unnerving granted, but fine companions for those who seek rest from the constant thrum of civilization, or community. The noise of interaction with other beings perturbs me, as... I am more craven than not, I'm afraid. Being in the company of those who judge you for your past, or make judgement on what they do not truly know is wearying, and tiresome. Redundancy falls upon those statements, as that's all that can come from being with those who repeat what others have done in the past. Judge."

Turning my face away, I watched the retreating forms of the Excul, noting that not many went together in a group. A few were alone in their travels, and with those I felt a bond. That bond? Weariness.
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 1:19 pm

He listened attentively, but being the air-headed individual he was, he found it hard to understand the long speech this man spoke to him, several words he did not understand wriggling out of his head the moment he heard them. But, he understood the part about him being judged. He would look up at him, cloaked in a darkness which clearly concealed some form of armor, staring at him until he finished his last few words before speaking his own.

"Well, you don't need to worry, I'm not very judgmental to be honest." He would say, starting to hope to get on good terms with this person. He began wondering...

"Are you, by any chance, a successor?"
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:10 am

My blood turned to ice.

"Alas, I am. And I Succeeded an individual who I am fit to. Sadly, I didn't expect to regret the coming of all of my abilities. You see, I am a very bitter individual. Ah, but don't let my sour personality deter you from asking questions. If I wish not to answer, I will abide by my Successor's code of conduct, and refrain from any rude or unruly behavior. Please, forgive me if I do so and point it out so that I may better ah.. maintain myself."

Turning once more to bow, I inclined my head toward Marcus, waiting for any form of inquisition- God knows that I have been through several throughout my lifetime, and throughout my Successor's.
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:15 am

Once again, he found it difficult to understand this person's style of speech, which seemed kind of old and dated to him. But he knew he was uncomfortable with him asking further questions, so he made sure he did not. Drawing a long  smile on his face, he let out a laugh, speaking the words, "Well, that's okay. I won't ask anything else.", though he was curious.

Last edited by Naga on Thu May 22, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:33 am

"No, no. Go ahead and ask whatever you need to. I can describe why I am covered in shadows, what's going on, and what not."

Shrugging, I crossed my arms.

"Ah, but what about you? Who did you Succeed, since I can practically feel power emanating from you. I can also feel indecisiveness, and the curiosity you hold."

Smiling under my helmet, I inclined my head.
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:54 am

Markus smiled at the question of his power, forgetting all the questions he had earlier, instead focusing on answering the one directed at him. "Well," he would say in a rather loud voice, for no apparent reason, "As he is described, I succeed the number one knuckle-headed Ninja.". He would pause for about three seconds, just for effect, before suddenly exploding with loudness and enthusiasm.

"Naruto Uzumaki!"

He would pant, having shouted a tad bit too loudly, before calming himself, awaiting a response.

Last edited by Naga on Fri May 23, 2014 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Shaking my head, I put my hands on my hips, and rubbed the back of my head.

"God save the Queen. Okay, listen. I've only met a couple of Successors, and both times it didn't end very well. Please, make sure that this time it's going to be different. I don't want it to be repeated, at all. So, let me just put this clearly and out there. I respect the person who you have Succeeded, and I want you to at least know... That you cannot know mine."
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:38 am

Once again, Markus found it hard to understand the Sahde. He simply was not used to such formal language. But, even he was able to understand that this man did not want him to know who he succeeded. And by all means, that was fine with Markus. "I don't know why not," he would say, "But, if that's what you want, i can live with that." His voice, however, would be nearly blurred out by a loud breeze, whistling over their heads.
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:12 am

The breeze felt unnatural, causing my instincts and Arms Mastery to control my body- rather than my mind. Crouching, I stared up at the sky in utter confusion.

"Sir, if this is your doing I must implore you to stop. When I'm in battle I... I-I'm not myself. Let us not tempt fate, for she is quite the vengeful mistress..."

I was trembling from the exertion of holding back the urge of using Mad Enhancement.... Ironically, I knew that this could drive me insane regardless.
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:54 am

Markus could hear, almost feel this person's anxiety, if such a powerful thing could even have something like that. He was worried about something. Markus felt it too, the odd tint of danger in the blowing breeze, which tried to push him back with considerable force. It was as if some evil creature had taken control of nature, and was bending it to it's will, trying to shake the moral of the duo.

"This.." he would say, still staring into the sky, "This isn't my doing, it's something else."

Though he was unsure if his "friend" felt the same way, the air seemed a tad bit thinner, just barely noticeable, but just a tiny bit thinner. All this was enough to make Markus feel something big was coming.
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:23 am

"Then get ready... I hope I can distinguish you from the enemy..."

The moment of calm I had there, the sanctity of that moment, was shocking to me. Why would I- a monster in all prospects and opinions -be calm in the moment before battle? I got my NAME from my lack of a mind in fights...

The winds maker chose then to appear. Its large wings were blocking out the deep gray skies, creating a void where normal darkness was lost in its inky blackness. I could see its maw open slowly, amber light spilling through its jaws as a mini sun was called into fruition. This was a being that my successor had dealt with time and time again. Moving before either of us had time to think, my body launched itself at Markus, rolling him to the side as a gush of white hot flames erupted from the great being- incinerating everything that marked where we were standing.

Leaning up to look over my shoulders, I stared into the deep violet eyes of our attacker.

"Markus... Meet Aeden, the Dragon of the Night."
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:17 am

The beast was immense, a thing of nightmares. It easily towered over both Markus and Basaka, casting a large shadow over both. Markus had little time to think, as he was pushed aside by Basaka, who had just saved him from a torrent of burning flame. Panting, he looked at his ally, as he was sure that he was his friend, and not his foe, and stood up from the grass, scrubbing dirt off his jacket. "Thanks." He would say, before staring at the beast. I would be a tough battle, but with Basaka's help, he was sure they could win.

He made a cross symbol with his index and middle finger on each hand, overlapping them before yelling the words: "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Instantly, a cloud of smoke appeared, revealing two clones, identical to Markus.  He sent a single clone away, running far away from the battle, resting and meditating, gathering natural energy.

Markus and his clone stood, the clone moving his hands over Markus' open palm, creating a single sphere of blue energy.

Last edited by Naga on Thu May 29, 2014 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 6:27 am

Unsure as to what Markus was doing, I scrambled away from him- clutching at my head to stop the massive headache that precluded any rational thought. The madness was about to begin, and I had to make sure that Markus was out of reach before it washed over me.

"Aeden.. Your blood will be what nourishes the ground today... Markus... Be careful."

And that was my last rational thought.

A scream tore through my body- a battle cry of madness and rage mixing together for a cry that fit my title.

Next thing I know, I'm watching a cinema of my body launching itself toward the dragon- picking up a piece of pipe and corrupting it into the black and red lines that matched my armor. Aeden was preparing another round of fire, his maw closed and glowing with an unearthly aurete light. Landing on his shoulder, I stuck the jagged end into his shoulder- Before tossing all of my weight downward. I was rewarded with an ethereal scream that tore into my mind.

"RRRRRUUUUUAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH"
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:53 am

Before Markus could move, his friend let out an ear-killing scream, which ripped through the forest, summoning a gush of wind as if his power affected nature itself. He had damaged the beas, and now was Markus' chance to attack. His clone, having finally finished charging the ball of chakra, jumped towards the beast, throwing a kunai, attached to it an explosive tag, towards the beast's chest, more for a distraction than anything else.

At the same time, Markus ran to the left, releasing his first clone after he thre his kunai, covering him in a cloud of smoke. He jumped at the beast's other shoulder, thrusting the ball of energy at it, yelling the word, "RASENGAN" as he did.

Whilst this happened, far away, Markus' second clone was slowly gathering nature energy for Markus' sage mode.
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:05 am

I caught the Kunai- it was sailing toward an armored area on the Dragon's chest. Instinct thrust power into it- corrupting it into a jagged blade. The tag began to glow- a good sign for me. Suddenly, a blast came from my right- Markus and his Magick 'Rasengan'. The cloud of madness took him on as a target then-

NO!

The energy threw me back when my body went limp from the exertion of withholding anger.

"Rrrrnnng....RRRRRRAUUUUUGUGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!""""

The Kunai was launched- stuck into the flailing left shoulder of the Dragon- who shook off the Magic as though it was nothing. In the sane part of my mind, I thought about how much resistance this beast had- and how the only reason I got to it was through surprise and my knowledge of the soft spots. While I thought of all of this, the tag burst- causing the beast to shriek in rage and throw a blast of fire at me- which I stood there through.

Weak Fire? That means...

My head shot to the right- just in time to be hit by the spikes on its tail.

"RRRUAUAAAAAAAARRRGH!!"
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:22 pm

He saw his attack deal literally no damage, and he also saw his foe attack his partner, hitting him hard. But Markus had a hunch that such a fighter wouldn't be hurt by an attack like that. In the meantime, he would have to think of a way to fight this beast. Obviously regular attacks did not deal much damage, unless you hit it's weak spot, which Markus was unaware of, so that plan was already out of the window.

He made the same handsigns as before, when he made shadow clones. However, this time, he charged more chakra. "Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu!!" He would yell, this time creating 15 different clones of himself.

Whilst thirteen clones would charge off at the dragon, trying to stab it with Kunai Knifes, two would remain with Markus, charging a bigger attack.
Back to top Go down
Basaka

Basaka

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Landing perfectly, I stood up- staring toward my foe with more anger than before. Picking up a wooden spike, I let Eternal Arms course over it before running toward the reptilian enemy again, blocking its swipes with the now steel-like stake. Taking in every inch of my enemy while in combat wasn't hard, even through the fog of anger and madness that pursued my clear thoughts. Years of combat in the SAS, and my successors own experience with other knights and beasts of this monsters nature honed my actions to a fine tip. The clones from Markus were each launching their own form of attacks, from jabs to some form of Martial Arts, and a couple even did a few odd tricks. Each one disappeared when hit, however... Leaving me alone to face the monstrosity.

The wings. They're too thick for it to be a fire drake. The paws are thinner than an earth wyrm, and the tail is jagged enough for it to be an ice wyvern. So, in conclusion...

Arching my back after striking, I launched myself to stand in front of the colossal beast, and remained standing. This seemed to take the beast by surprise, as I was still under the effects of Mad Enhancement- and I knew it could sense it.

"Rrrnnngg....."

The Dragon tried to slam its tail into my side, and I merely caught the attack and remained where I was. I knew its weakness now, and I wasn't about to let it get away with it.
Back to top Go down
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:36 pm

His ally seemed to know his stuff, this meaning he was knowledgeable of the dragon's weakness. The problem was, in the state of absolute rage and insanity the man was in, Markus doubted he'd willingly share information. "I wonder what he really is thinking right now..." He would mutter silently, but not trailing off into deep thought. He was needed in the matter at hand, or so he liked to believe. But the fact was, he couldn't do anything until a few more seconds. His clones where eliminated, all of them, leaving behind a cloud of smoke which would hopefully do something in terms of a distraction.

But right now, he could only wait. This next attack, however, would definitely hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)   The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Park (Open for Shades/Dusks)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next