Kingdom of Broken Barriers
Please log in or create an account.

In the simplest of terms, this is a melting pot. On our site we have the most purest of goals, to fuse the many worlds of anime and manga together.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Beginning of the End
Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:50 pm by Alexzander

» Jerrad Ferrin-Finished
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:10 pm by Naga

» I remember when.. (Invitation required)
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:41 pm by Zechs

» Alice-Finished
Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:34 am by Naga

» Lancelot, the Eclipsed Knight.
Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:52 am by Liam

» Kakashi Successor(WIP)
Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:17 am by Dann432432

» Mason Windrake (Done)
Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:25 am by Alexzander

» New simple Stats for reference
Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:54 am by Liam

» Emil Reverie ~W I P~
Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:37 pm by Liam

Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Share | 

Gurren Lagann World (W.I.P)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dann423423

PostSubject: Gurren Lagann World (W.I.P)   Mon May 26, 2014 8:59 am

Name of Anime/Manga/Book: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Anime/Manga/Book Description (Post both a link, and explain)
http://gurrenlagann.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Gurren Lagann begins underground with Simon the digger and his nonbiological big bro Kamina and their attempts to escape a forsaken underground village in which no one has seen the surface of other than Kamina himself. Having being left behind after visiting with his father, his sole wish is to Pierce the heavens and reach the surface once more. After a failed effort from Kamina's squad, The Gurren Brigade, an earthquake erupts and a giant monster falls from the ceiling revealing the red sky above. Fighting the monster, a battle hardened woman, Yoko, tries to protect the lives of the villagers. However, her efforts are seemingly futile. This is when Simon reveals a treasure he recently found to his bro. Previously he'd found a small drill of which he'd worn around his neck. But it seemed to be a part of the new discovery. It was a giant face! Yoko explains his discovery is a Gunman, just like the giant monster that fell from above. After Kamina names the Gunman Lagann, The Gurren Brigade defeats the rival Gunman with the power of will. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann follows the adventures of an obvious hero, one less likely and their Gurren Brigade. (I don't want to go into any more plot because this anime is truly amazing. I highly suggest watching it)

Magic System: (Detail severely)
The primary source of "magic" within Gurren Lagann is Spiral Energy. This is the seed for creation. It is the reason for evolution and if possessing enough of it, the potential is limitless. Typically, Spiral Energy is formed by willpower. It can be easily demolished if one has any doubts whatsoever. Generally, this energy is infused within you and appears in a catalyst of which the user is most comfortable. For Simon, its drills. The user would generally have it appear in whatever feels natural.

Second/Ascended levels: (Does this would have multiple levels of power or abiliites. List them here.
Unleashing Spiral Energy: This is when a human unlocks the latent power within them allowing them to harness the power of spiral energy. This allows them to use it in whichever form they prefer.
Spiral Eye: Granted to those who have maxed out the Spiral ability. This maximum is different for each person, thus having no exact amount of energy. Those with stronger will, those born to lead will generally possess more than a simple follower. Possessing two spiral eyes is the epitome of your ability. This is when your power seems immortal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gurren Lagann World (W.I.P)   Mon May 26, 2014 12:15 pm

While I understand this is still a work in progress, even under completion, this world will not be accepted. Sadly, we can't add Mecha anime or card game anime or creature capture, etc. It doesn't go along with our site's story, theme, system, and general equalization.

The world has post-apocalyptic for two years now, the last remaining living bastions are cities called Garrisons, surrounded by walls of light blessed by an unknown figure nicknamed "Angel". Going outside these walls is near suicidal for outside, the world is dark and destroyed; swarming with powerful creatures of unholy darkness. The only way to really travel are Scrying glasses, which allow instant cross over between Garrisons. If you're a Shade, the Excul don't bother you and you live outside the walls in the ruins of random cities.

Sadly, we can't be flying around in Gundams or Gurreb Lagaan Mechs, just the same as we can't go around capturing and training Pokemon or Digimon. Now it is understandable that there may be a character who doesn't use a Mech or can use this magic without a mech, but regardless, the entire show is a Mech anime, and we can't cater to allow it for one character within the entire anime, or as well we can't change the actual concept of the show away from Mech simply to make it viable. Also, this site doesn't use custom characters so you can't create your own, as the literal EXACT powers are gained from a character. Nothing more and nothing less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dann423423

PostSubject: Re: Gurren Lagann World (W.I.P)   Mon May 26, 2014 6:53 pm

But the thing is, there are multiple physical encounters between humans or beastmen using hand to hand, guns, swords, or even spiral energy itself. The Gunmen within the anime isn't necessary to harness the use of spiral energy. At one point all Gunmen were scrapped but they still were all able to fight without their mechs. While it is a mecha anime, but the power of each pilot does not come from their mecha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gurren Lagann World (W.I.P)   Mon May 26, 2014 8:55 pm

After a little research and Wiki snooping, as well as reading the plot and system, it seems still unusable. The same aspect would be allowing Dominic to create a Gundam world and say "No Gundams". The amount of conceptual quality with the "Spiral Energy" in regards to outside the suit is severely minuscule to be able to create an entire world and system.

Also, imagine making a Gurren Lagaan world and saying "No Gurren Lagaan".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dann423423

PostSubject: Re: Gurren Lagann World (W.I.P)   Tue May 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Well towards the end of Gurren Lagann
(Spoiler)
Spoiler:

And people were still able to access their spiral energy. Also, for all intensive purposes, humans used spiral energy before mechas even existed considering its the sole fuel for evolution and change. The use of mechas is the only thing that really sets it out, but the anime itself substitutes in other fighting systems that could be and are affected by the spiral energy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gurren Lagann World (W.I.P)   

Back to top Go down

Gurren Lagann World (W.I.P)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1