Kingdom of Broken Barriers
Please log in or create an account.

In the simplest of terms, this is a melting pot. On our site we have the most purest of goals, to fuse the many worlds of anime and manga together.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Beginning of the End
Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:50 pm by Alexzander

» Jerrad Ferrin-Finished
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:10 pm by Naga

» I remember when.. (Invitation required)
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:41 pm by Zechs

» Alice-Finished
Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:34 am by Naga

» Lancelot, the Eclipsed Knight.
Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:52 am by Liam

» Kakashi Successor(WIP)
Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:17 am by Dann432432

» Mason Windrake (Done)
Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:25 am by Alexzander

» New simple Stats for reference
Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:54 am by Liam

» Emil Reverie ~W I P~
Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:37 pm by Liam

Top posting users this month
Top posting users this week
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Share | 

Stat system change/New System (Vote)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liam
Admin

PostSubject: Stat system change/New System (Vote)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:49 am

Considering the stats system has proven tedious in some aspects and difficult in others, there are going to be some changes, and some presentations. To avoid the tl;dr that every single one of you guys do, this post will be to the point.

-New World Point Allocation System: New system is, it's gone. The NEW system is that worlds will no longer offer point values. Instead, upon a character being created, once approved, an Admin will present that character a stat value that they distribute. This is meant to bypass the inevitable issue with tool boxes. Tool boxes are a character's set of abilities and the range in which they can use them. Meaning, a lot of characters will have unfair advantages due to having a bigger tool box.

Ichigo + Bankai + Hollow Mask

Grimmjow + Pantera.

In the anime, Grimmjow was able to fully fight Ichigo as perfect equals, and almost beat him, even though he only had one "release", while Ichigo had two. So, a character like Ichigo will have a stat value of 100 or so, and Grimmjow will have 145 or so.

This is not a presentation. It is a new system that has been implemented, and will require ALL characters to be edited (Except Gemini's, because they are my guinea pig).

For the staff who aren't sure of what stat value to give a character, simply ask Flynn, Liam or Morgan and they will help you out to a limited degree.

WHAT THIS MEANS IS, P.M YOUR CHARACTER PAGE TO AN ADMIN AND HAVE THEM RE-EVALUATE THE CHARACTER. FEEL FREE TO ADD A PARAGRAPH OF YOUR OPINIONS ON WHAT STATS THE CHARACTER NEEDS. DO NOT SEND THEM ALL TO FLYNN, OR LIAM, OR MORGAN. IF YOU DO, THEY WILL ALL BE SEVERELY PISSED.

~Rule about Sense~

The new rule about Sense that will require multiple character edits. This being, the maximum amount of Sense you can place on a character is 10. The minimum is 0. 0 is below average Sense. 5 is average. 10 is above average. Only characters with severe Sensory abilities can pass 10. 15 is like... Sharingan/Haki. 20 is like... Jesus sense. 21 is infinite. Like, a sudden miracle sense that automatically tells you exactly what's coming no matter what, Jesus + Jesse Perring sense.

Go edit your characters.

-----

Here's the presentation. This is the part you get to vote on. The stats are tedious, and annoying to fully write out, change, record, every SINGLE post in a battle. So, here is the proposition.

No more stats at all.

Instead, tiers.

You would list the tier of power you are at at the end of every post. Easy to manage, remember, type. If you go Bankai as Ichigo, you would increase your speed to Tier 3 Speed, Tier 2 Magic, Tier 2 Strength. When using an attack, you simply add the Tier of that attack to your stats. Every fight, all stats are Tier 0, and grow for either one turn with the attacks, or permanently for forms like a Bankai.

Second proposal, we rid all stats are tiers all together and return simply to bare-bones, original role play that we've been doing since Stories Untold.

LEAVE YOUR VOTE ON THE MATTER. IN AN OPINION. DEFINED. NONE OF THAT ON-THE-FENCE IS ALLOWED. DO NOT BE LIKE "WELL, WE HAVE THIS, AND WE HAVE THIS. SO YEAH. MAYBE THIS, YADDA YADDA" HAVE A DEFINED OPINION. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, AND EXPLAIN. ALSO, DO NOT TRY TO APPLY YOUR OWN IDEA. IF YOU HAVE ONE, P.M IT TO FLYNN, LIAM, OR MORGAN.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexzander
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stat system change/New System (Vote)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:18 am

I think the tiers idea is whats best. It gives the people a chance to focus mainly the stat changes specifically meant for that character example being Ichigo's Bankai which is purly speed based but not lacking in offensive power. Also this would be great with certain stat type techniques as well closing the gap between being dominated by giant stat boost of +50 and up vs other moves who barely gain +30 giving a better chance of actually being evened out making fights more fair and even.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Octo

PostSubject: Re: Stat system change/New System (Vote)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Well, we have this. So yeah. Maybe this-
Eh. Nothing. Was saying nothing.
I like the new system. The one where you give specific points to each character. Sure, it might take quite a while to re-evaluate each character, but that's a job I don't mind helping on. And, go ahead, call it bias. I like it because it favors some of my favorite worlds, where one or two characters are broken and the rest is just "good" or "okay". Well, you could also say it favors other words - not just the ones I like.
I might be in the minority, but it still doesn't bother me THAT much to type out the stats. Which is another reason for me to prefer the Stat system to stay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumaru

PostSubject: Re: Stat system change/New System (Vote)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:19 pm

I feel we should go with your tiers Idea boss. I feel it would work fairly with the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naga

PostSubject: Re: Stat system change/New System (Vote)   Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:39 pm

I'm honestly gonna have to vote for stats system. I think the Tiers idea is too vague, as in, if someone shoots a tier 2 blast and another person uses a tier two to block it, it's perfectly equal right? But what if the opponent uses another tier 2 which is supposedly stronger? Probably a bad example, but I just prefer stat system because it is more specific on what counters what or what is more powerful than what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basaka

PostSubject: Re: Stat system change/New System (Vote)   Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm on the stats. More defining, even if it can be tedious.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dann423423

PostSubject: Re: Stat system change/New System (Vote)   Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:05 pm

The tiers idea is extremely relative. It would be difficult to approximate how much damage each attack does. Also any buffs would be relative and hard to follow. Stats may be tedious but they are necessary to approximate accurately. Laziness isn't an option.

So I vote for stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stat system change/New System (Vote)   

Back to top Go down

Stat system change/New System (Vote)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1